ANTS! This time under the dog bowl. I froze. Put down the water bowl. And did what any normal person would do. Groaned!
This post is about dealing with those ants, and the dogs looking on in wonder at their invited guests.
On this site is a post about ants that made their home in a hanging plant at an old address. In that post camphor was mentioned as a treatment... but did I remember where I'd put the camphor?
This year there seems to be more ants popping up all over number 14.
Accepted are these factors that may have attracted these ants.
- The dogs are burying their dinner bones outside -where and when they can.
- There are compost bins happening out the back.
- One worm farm out the back.
- Erratic climate as it's been a wet season so far.
- Plants near the house.
- Plants growing well in the back yard [in pots]
- labeled "Killer for ants."
- placed in an airtight bag and
- maybe not stored for ten odd years before being sort out for use.